We are very pleased to report that Lakenvlei near Ceres will be open to members for fishing as of Wednesday 17 June 2020.
However, this is subject to a few considerations that we'd like to remind you of:
- The hut is still off-limits (Day access only)
- Membership (annual or temporary) and Dam Permit needs to be current in order to book
- The rod limit is temporarily amended to 8 rods per day (maximum of 8 people on the water per day) - we will notify you when this changes
- Booking via phone ONLY. Get hold of the club secretary (Louis de Jager) on 0214247725/0742304991 and he'll direct you from there
- Read, complete, and submit the relevant documentation that the club secretary will share with you upon booking - No exceptions
- Exercise the same caution at Lakenvlei as you would anywhere else and insist that other members you encounter do the same - this includes wearing PPE, maintaining physical distance, etc.
The above measures are for your safety and that of those around you. Please stick to the rules for the sake of all our members.
Noncompliance will not only put create unnecessary risk but may jeopardise access to Lakenvlei.
If you're unsure of something, rather ask Louis.
So, dust off those rods and give us a call.
We look forward to seeing you on the water - from a safe distance.